online web builder

BOX 40

 H16423d – "Ruggs Ltd. Lorry & Van" – 1935

40 - © Edward Reeves Photography
40 - © Edward Reeves Photography

By 1937 car parking had become a problem in the town, and Ruggs offered parking at a cost of 3d an hour in their new premises in Station Street. The Sussex County magazine described ‘a comfortably furnished rest room’ ’where clients may wait while repairs and adjustments are being carried out’ ‘meet friends, write letters’, and adjoining which is a Ladies’ room.

The Lewes Print Centre Ltd

THE FACE OF THE HIGH STREET