STORIES SEEN THROUGH A GLASS PLATE
H09675a — Mr Humphries’ Motor Works, 1917
Image 2: H09675b — Mr. Humphries’ Motor Works, 1917
Image 3: H09675c — Mr. Humphries’ Motor Works, 1917
Image 4: H08967 — Mr Humphries Motor Car, 1916
The Eastgate Garage and Works in Eastgate Street was owned by Lewis Humphries, a car engineer with 8 employees. The garage worked on any make of car, including Daimler, Deemster, Gregoire, Fiat and Lagonda. The company also had a showroom at 12 Malling Street.
Related Story: Lightbox 67