STORIES SEEN THROUGH A GLASS PLATE

H09613 — Mrs Ingram group of ladies at Depot, 1917

Box 28

MAP   LIST

Image 2: H09612 Mrs Ingram group of ladies at Depot, 1917
Image 3: H09612 Mrs Ingram group of ladies at Depot, 1917 — detail

 

Mrs Ingram’s husband was the Commandant of the Lewes Division of the Red Cross. The War Hospital Supply Depot at 199 High Street was opened in August 1915. It relied on gifts of material for making nightshirts and pyjamas out of old sheets, tablecloths etc. These women in uniform appear to be making slippers.

 



